Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tired but happy...

Listening to: Stabbing Westward - Angel
Reading: Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamilton




*** *** *** *** ***
"Confusion is always the most honest response..." - Marty Indik


I'm tired. Tired but happy. Birthday was a low-key event. Just had dinner with the parents with some cake and that was that. Went to the bar to play some poker and ended up not playing at all. But it hardly mattered. Birthdays have always been a spectacularly non-hyped event for me, so me turning 23, of all ages, was no big deal. 'Hm. I wonder if I'll feel this laissez faire when I'm hitting the 3-0. Then again, 30 is the new 20 nowadays. Leastwise, that's what I heard. I'm still waiting to see if that's true or not.

Been reading up on some urban fantasies. I've decided to put away some time to concentrate on a new WIP on mine. Been reading some Dante Valentine, Harry Dresden, and Rachel Morgan and, so far so good. I've been trying to get into some Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong, but after reading Dime Magic, I feel like I've pretty much read them all. Sucks, I know. Also, thinking of reading some Demon Falls by Nadia Lee, but the problem is, I'm writing something similiar with a violinist who's taken a vow of silence, so...

Nothing much to report on the home end. My cell phone bill came out to 200 something dollars, which is a bit of a hike from last year ($17o), but considering the amount of time I spend on a phone, I suppose it's nothing to be surprised about. Although, you should've seen the look on the face of the person who opened up the bill. Haha, heehee.

Still trying to read Meljean Brook's "Demon Moon", and still can't get into it. Is it just me, or is this particular story just hard to get into? It's hard for me to empathize with the characters, and quite frankly, I couldn't give a damn what happened to Jake and Alice. T_T

2 comments:

  1. LOL on the age thing. I am turning 30 in a little over a month, so I guess I will let you know than if it is the new 20 or not:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never feel old...why is that? the nurse at my new doc was like, you were born the year I graduated from high school... she looked a little stunned and said, I can't believe it. LOL She is young looking... no matter what I look like, I'm sure I'll feel the same way. I'm not old. Not sure I ever will be.

    sooo, who did open that phone bill. LOL

    ReplyDelete